The faculty in the Department of Anthropology at Georgetown University has published a range of diverse works in respect to their research.
Marjorie Mandelstam Balzer
- Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam. 1999. The Tenacity of Ethnicity: A Siberian Sage in Global Perspective. Princeton: Princeton U. Press.
- Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam. 1996. Shamanic Worlds. Armonk, NY: North Castle Books.
- Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam. 1995. Culture Incarnate: Native Ethnography in Russia. Armonk, NY: ME Sharpe.
- Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam. 1992. Russian Traditional Culture: Religion, Gender, and Customary Law. Armonk, NY: ME Sharpe.
- Brennan, Denise. 2014. Life Interrupted: Trafficking into Forced Labor in the United States. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Brennan, Denise. 2008. Between Love and Sex: Love Work in Sex Work (and After): Performing at Love, in Intimacies in Cross-Cultural Perspective, William Jankowiak, eds. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Denise Brennan. 2004. What’s Love Got to Do with It? Transnational Desires and Sex Tourism in the Dominican Republic. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Brennan, Denise. 2003. When Sex Tourists and Sex Workers Meet: Encounters within Sosúa, the Dominican Republic’s Sexscrape in Tourists and Tourism, Sharon Gmelch, ed. Prospect Heights, IL: Waveland Press, 2003.
- Brennan, Denise. 2002. "Globalization, Women’s Labor and Men’s Pleasure: Sex Tourism in Sosúa, the Dominican Republic." Urban Life: Readings in Urban Anthropology. Eds. George Gmelch and Walter P. Zenner. Prospect Heights, IL: Waveland Press.
- Brennan, Denise. 2002. Selling Sex for Visas: Sex Tourism as Stepping Stone to International Migration for Dominican Women, in Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, and Sex Workers in the New Economy, Barbara Ehrenreich and Arlie Russell Hochschild, eds. New York: Metropolitan Books, 2002.
- Gozdziak, Elzbieta M. and Micah N. Bump. 2008. New Immigrants, Changing Communities: Best Practices for Better America. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Gozdziak, Elzbieta M. and Frank Laczko (Eds). 2005. Data and Research on Human Trafficking: A Global Survey. : Special issue of International Migration 43 (1/2).
- Gozdziak, Elzbieta M. and Susan F. Martin (Eds). 2005. Beyond the Gateway: Immigrants in a Changing America. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Mikell, Gwendolyn. 2005. 1992. 1989. Cocoa and Chaos in Ghana. Howard University Press, Paragon Press.
- Mikell, Gwendolyn. 1997. African Feminism: The Politics of Survival in Sub-Saharan Africa. U. Pennsylvania Press.
- Önder, Sylvia Wing. 2007 We Have No Microbes Here: Healing Practices in a Turkish Black Sea Village. Durham, North Carolina: Carolina Academic Press.
- Terrio, Susan. 2015. Whose Child Am I? Unaccompanied, Undocumented Children in U.S. Immigration Custody. University of California Press.
- Terrio, Susan. 2009. Judging Mohammed. Juvenile delinquency, Immigration and Exclusion at the Paris Palace of Justice. Stanford University Press.
- Terrio, Susan. 2007. "Zacarias Moussaoui: Moroccan Muslim? French Terrorist? Benighted Zealot? War Criminal? Serial Migrant? All of the Above?." Places We Share. Migration, Subjectivity and Global Mobility. Ed. Susan Ossman. New York: Lexington Publishers.
- Terrio, Susan. 2007. Comparing American and French Juvenile Justice Systems, In Mechthild Nagel and Seth N. Asumeh, eds. Prisons and Punishment: Reconsidering Global Penality. Trenton: NJ: Africa World Press, Pp. 113-123.
- Terrio, Susan. 2007. Youth, (Im)migration and Juvenile Law at the Paris Palace of Justice, In Sudhir Venkatesh and Ron Kassimir eds. Youth, Law, and Globalization. Stanford: Stanford University Press, Pp. 163-191.
- Terrio, Susan. 2000. Crafting the Culture and History of French Chocolate. Berkeley: University of California Press.